Playing gambling games can be entertaining but can also have a negative impact on some. It's entirely up to you whether playing at a casino sucks you in or if it is merely just a hobby. How you start playing these types of games is already important. Would you like to try playing casino games as a new form of entertainment? Or are you looking to resolve your financial situation?
Winning the casino jackpot is an outstanding feeling, it can make your dreams come true, but first and foremost, it is a form of entertainment. You should only invest money that you are able to put aside for playing. If you feel the game is overpowering you, try going through this test:
- Have you ever spent time specified for work or school in gambling?
- Has gambling ever been the root cause of arguments or interventions at home / within your family?
- Does gambling have a bad influence on your reputation?
- Have you ever felt bad and remorseful about losing money at a casino?
- Has the reason for gambling always been the vision of financial gain that would support paying off debts or resolving your financial situation?
- Has gambling ever caused a decrease in your confidence, efforts and work ethic?
- Do you try to win back your loss immediately?
- When you win, do you have an urge to go back and win even more?
- Do you often play until you lose the last dollar you have on you?
- Have you ever borrowed money to finance your playing?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance your playing?
- Do you wish not to use the money won playing gambling games to finance normal expenses, but would rather invest it in another game?
- Has gambling ever been the reason you stopped taking pride in your appearance and the well-being of your family?
- Have you ever spent more time playing than you planned?
- Have you ever gambled as an escape from problems, worries, out of boredom, loneliness or to deal with sadness?
- Have you ever committed, or wanted to commit a crime to be able to finance your gambling?
- Do you ever have problems sleeping because of gambling?
- Do arguments, disappointment and dissatisfaction induce a desire to go and play?
- Have you ever had the urge to celebrate success by playing at a casino for a couple of hours?
- Have you ever wanted to hurt yourself, or had suicidal intentions because of gambling?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, be careful. This could be the first sign that you are no longer playing for fun. A pathological addiction starts with you answering yes to just 7 of the questions. You are dealing with your addiction at a time when you still can beat it.
The test was taken from Gamblers anonymous, a website devoted to helping pathological players deal with their addictions.